Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Emma's first deer

On Christmas Day, Emma killed her first deer all by herself. She was so excited! I was surprised she did it. That gun was so heavy for her and the kick threw her back so far that I did not know if she could really hit it, let alone kill it. She went with her G-pa and dad that morning. They were so proud of her. We had a good time in Corpus for Christmas week, but it was good to get home. We got home Sat. night but I have not blogged because I had forgotten my account name since I had been gone so long. Anyway, I figured it out. We really celebrated Christmas on Tuesday last week with presents and lobster dinner with Cory's family. His sisters had to leave on Christmas eve to go to their in-laws. On Christmas Day they went hunting that morning and when they got back everyone went out on the boat to the bay. I stayed home all alone for six hours! Merry Christmas to me! I really enjoyed the quiet. Cory's family is, shall we say, very active. They are always talking or doing something. Too much chaos for me, I have to decompress every once in a while while I am there. My brain just gets too much input. Anyway, now it is time to find room for the new toys and presents. I did get Kara's room cleaned out with garage sale stuff to make room for her new things. I am going to have a major garage sale in the spring. I am so tired of all the clutter. Well, back to the laundry.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is awesome!! Teach that girl to provide!!

I shot my first one last year and couldn't wait to go again!

The Clevelands said...

How cool is that!

shelleym said...

Too cool! Glad yall had a good trip, and you got some downtime! I can't figure out how to become a follower of your blog? Let me know if you have the trick. Love ya, Shelley

Powered By Blogger