Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hussle and Bussle


Christmas is in full swing at our house this week. My cousin is coming in today, tomorrow my sister and her man, and Friday my Dad and his wife. Today I am cooking four pies and making homemade cornbread for the dressing I am making tomorrow. Thursday night we will have Christmas with my sister, mom, grandma, and cousin here with turkey and dressing and all the fixins. Then Friday my dad will come and we will do it all over again that night. We have a piano recital Sat. at the nursing home and Sunday is the church Christmas play where Emma has a solo to sing. Monday we leave for Corpus to spend the week with Cory's family and maybe then I can relax. We do this every year this way, but the girls love it. We are trying to do school this week too. I did talk to my friend Alice Thompson last night and she said during these weeks leading to Christmas it is really alright to modify your days. See, I am a nurse, not a teacher and the only thing I have to go on is how the girls did things in school. Not to mention that I am an organizational list freak. So, I am learning to be flexible and we don't have to be so methodical about our school schedule each day. It is getting better and by next year I will definitely have lightened up some. Anyway, I am learning alot from all of you that I visit with and blogs that I read and comments that you leave me. It lets me know I am not running my kids off in a ditch.

2 comments:

The Clevelands said...

Sounds like a busy time! Enjoy and have fun and be safe while traveling. Glad you could come for lunch today!

The Clevelands said...

Hey Jennifer - I don't know if you'll get this or not. I'm out of town and don't have your email address. David got Cory's email and Friday, the 2nd sounds good! We'll work out the details when we get back.

Laura

Powered By Blogger